Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Correction

Damn but I'm an idiot. The photograph in last weeks entry is not what I thought it was but is simply star trails. I was fooled because I believed I was taking a fairly wide field of view. At the zoom setting I thought I was on and exposure time star trails would be tiny at most 1/10 th the size of the "meteors".

However I was skeptical of the photograph particularly the absence of any stubby star trails. So I am forced to the conclusion that I must have accidentally zoomed right in to an area of very few moons and captured a load of star trails. The exposure time is certainly correct. The zoom control is adjacent to the shutter button. QED.

Not for nothing do I call myself Nogbert online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home